Notes from Day Undefined:
Able Life calls this product the "Able Tray." It combines an adjustable bamboo tray table with a stand assist handle. The product can be used with most four legged chairs, lift chairs, couches, or recliners, and it is recommended that it be used with one of these. Able Life provides an assembly video.
Where you can find this product:
Amazon - Able Life "Able Tray" Table with Stand Assist
Walmart - Able Life "Able Tray" Table with Stand Assist
Product Review by Karen: (meet our team)
(scroll down for video)
This is an adjustable Bamboo TV tray or Laptop table with the added feature of a grab bar/ergonomic handle designed to allow one to easily and safely from a seated position. Since I have a chair positioned in my office to look out the window at a bird feeder and chimes (to relax), the Able Life Tray Table gives me a good, secure “landing spot” with room for the items I will need, like cell phone, tablet or pens. There is also a recessed cup holder, making the tray table a good spot to have snacks or meals.
The table is rotatable, and can easily be repositioned, since it swings around a full 360 degrees. Further, the table and the handle/grab bar for standing are height adjustable. The table/stander works in conjunction with a couch, chair, or recliner. It has a weighted extended base, which works with the weight of the chair. The adjustable base (stability pads) fits under the chair/couch and rests under 2 of the chair’s legs. The grab/handle Is secure if the table assembly is properly positioned. Reference product description online for more details.
- Allows user to have working space for devices or room for meals with a cup holder and discreet compartments for other objects.
- Allows user (up to 250lbs) to securely use grab bar/handle to support safe standing from a seated position without relying on chair arms
- Table is fully rotatable 360 degrees and height adjustable.
- Only works with seating with 4 individual legs (modern-style chairs with aluminum frame-type base will not work); 2 of which support the whole unit
- Legs must be positioned so that 2 of the legs rest on the adjustable stability pads
- The table is only large enough for an open book or a laptop
- One should avoid the temptation to lean on the table. Use the grab bar only. The table itself is not designed to bear a lot of weight.
- The cup holder may not be deep enough for some, but the plastic liner can be popped out.
I encourage anyone interested to closely review the product description and watch the videos on the seller's website.
Karen reviews the adjustable bamboo tray table and stand assist by Able Life.