Where you can find this product:
Product Review by Ellie: (meet our team)
Ellie compared two types of extension handles. She prefers the Sammons Preston handle but has also included her review of the Able Life handle below.
Sammons Preston Soft Rubber Doorknob Extension Handle:
Extension snaps around standard doorknob 2”-2.5” in diameter. Easy to open doors if people have weak grips and have trouble twisting. Ideal and convenient for doorknobs that are not levers.
I have used this product for a couple weeks and I like it a lot more than the other doorknob (see below). Its easier to grip because the handle is bigger, which was the reason why I wanted to try it. I use it a few times a week. It was very helpful opening doors but the setup was hard and I need help getting it on the door. Besides the setup, I love this product because the grip is a lot bigger and easy to hold.
- Wider handle makes it easy to grip
- Doesn’t slip off the door when secured
- Rubber is sturdy and not flimsy
- Can travel with it
- Very difficult to set up and need assistance
- Does not fit on all doorknobs
- Keyhole could be a little bigger if you have a wider key
Image: Sammons Preston black rubber extension handle creates a lever on a round black doorknob.
Able Life EZ Doorknob Grip:
The EZ doorknob grip fits over the entire doorknob and has two smaller levers on either side to help with opening doors when your hands are full. I’ve only had this product for a couple weeks and am not a huge fan of the product. This product is smaller than others so you can travel with it but setting it up on the doorknob is very difficult if you have a bigger doorknob. I don’t like this product because I think it’s the same as a twist doorknob.
- Is travel size
- Doesn’t slip off doorknob
- Has two levers on both sides
- Need assistance when putting the grip on
- Levers are small so your fingers slip off when trying to open door, I found out that the thumb works best to open or lifting up from the lever pointing down
Image: Clear Able Life EZ Doorknob Grip with "wing" extensions on a black, round doorknob.
Ellie demonstrates opening a door by pushing down the black Sammons Preston Extension Handle. She then shows us how she opens the door by pushing on the wing of the the Able Life EZ Grip in two different ways.