Day Undefined Notes:
Based on our reviewer's experience, this item is "not a top pick" for us. Unlike the iRobot Roomba that Joni uses and loves (read her Roomba review here), she found that this product didn't well work for her house. Read on to learn why.
Where you can find this product:
Amazon - iRobot Braava Jet M6 (6110) Robot Mop
iRobot Website - iRobot Braava Jet M6
Home Depot - iRobot Braava Jet M6 (6110) Robot Mop
Available at many major stores.
Product Review by Joni: (meet our team)
I’ve had my Braava Jet M6 mop for over a year and do not recommend it. Please read on to find out why.
- Set up your mop using wi-fi, and use the app to create a Smart Map of your living space, including rooms to clean, areas to stay out of, and designated zones in need of frequent attention.
- Using the app, you can set up your iRobot vacuum and mop to tag-team messes.
- The mop does a better job on linoleum (and I would assume on tile) than it does on our hardwood floors. It does a good job scrubbing floors using the wet-mop pads. You can also swap the wet-mop pad for a dry-mop pad, which gathers dust and hair, kind of like running a Swiffer sweeper over the floor.
- In the app, set up scheduled jobs, or use it to send the mop to a specified location to clean up a mess as needed. I have not used this feature myself, but I understand that the mop also works with Google Home, IFTTT, and Alexa.
- You can name your mop in the app. (Ours is named Charlie.)
- The mop sounds a chime if it gets stuck and needs assistance. If, at any time, you can’t find it, you can use the app to sound the chime on the mop.
- It is very easy for our cat to grab onto the mopping pad and stop the mop from completing its job.
- Small thresholds and ramps may sometimes prove to be hindrances. My mop often gets stuck on these and needs help to get from room to room; if that requires picking up the mop, then it may not be able to navigate your living space once it is set back down in a slightly different location.
- The mop does a better job on linoleum (and I would assume on tile) than it does on our hardwood floors. Since the majority of our living space consists of hardwood floors, the Braava Jet M6 mop does not save me much time or energy. I always find it streaking through the house. Even though I fill it with the iRobot brand cleaner before sending it out for a job, and even though I set it up in the app to use the maximum amount of fluid, it does not spray enough to get a decent clean. Whenever I send it out on a job, I always have to follow it around with a bottle of diluted cleaner to spray the floor directly in front of it. Because of the added babysitting the Braava requires, I have stopped using it, and simply mop the floor by hand.
- Until some big improvements are made, it is my opinion that this is too expensive. In fact, had the Braava Jet M6 mop not been part of a bundle deal with my Roomba j7+ vacuum, I probably would never have purchased it…and cannot recommend that you do either. The Braava may work better for your living space; it’s just not a win for ours.
(Video description: This video shows the robot mop - a white square device with black features - spraying solution, moving forward and backward, going around a door, turning at a door threshold, going over a doorway threshold, and getting played with by a very cute and curious orange cat.)